Bulk Salt Saturators
- Diameter availablity range 2m, 3m, 3.5m and 4m.
- Custom building service available for confined locations
- Salt level easily observed through the translucent saturator wall
- Designed for installation in either indoor or outdoor locations
- All components designed to provide non-corrodible long-term resistance to brine
- Stub flanges complete with polypropylene-encased steel backing flanges are fitted as standard.
Brine saturators operate on the principle of a constant level of water passing through and dissolving a salt bed, emerging through the flanged outlet as saturated brine.
Derwent Water Systems offer a comprehensive package including the provision of steelwork, venting systems, brine holding tank, salt delivery and brine pipework. Pumps and controls are supplied to meet individual requirements.
The shells of saturators are translucent and incorporate a UV stabiliser in order that salt and water levels can be readily seen. The top and bases are pigmented mid-blue as standard, but any alternative colour to BS4800 can be supplied.
A variety of venting systems is available to meet all requirements, inclusive of sock filters, water-assisted dust arrestor and customised vent pipework.
Our experienced engineers can undertake the installation and commissioning of all plant supplied.
At 20°C, saturated brine contains 26.45% salt by weight.
Density of saturated brine : 1,200 g/l
1 tonne of PDV salt = approximately 3,150 litres of saturated brine.