Ultra-Violet Equipment & Spares – Ultra-Violet Disinfection (UV) Units
Derwent Water Services Ltd supplies reliable validated UV units for the disinfection and treatment of water of a range of industrial applications including wash-water, potable water and water used in product manufacture.
Ultra-violet equipment (UV), supplied by Derwent Water Services, is used for disinfection of waters in the following applications:
- Where application of oxidising biocides, such as chlorine or bromine, cannot easily be controlled and where there is a danger from over-treating and use of chemicals
- Providing safe drinking water from wells, springs and other untreated supplies
- For incorporating into water filtration, softening and demineralisation systems to reduce water to a low bacteria count
- Used in systems where water is recycled and little fresh water is used and, hence, where the recirculating water becomes heavily contaminated over time with bacteria
- Where high levels of chlorine could affect ion exchange resin beads
Derwent Water Services supplies a standard range of UV equipment to treat flow rates of 8.3 litres/minute to 116 litres/minute with single-lamp chambers, and up to 12.3m3/hr to 34.8m3/hr with multi-lamp chambers.
Materials of construction are 316L stainless steel.