Waste Water Treatment
Derwent Water Services makes a range of effluent treatment equipment, ranging from simple pH correction equipment and chemical dosing systems through to more complicated precipitation, concentration and recovery systems.
Derwent Water Services has extensive experience in the use of Ion exchange in effluent treatment, especially in heavy metal removal and recovery of copper, mercury, lead, nickel, zinc and cadmium.
In the glass industry, mirror manufacturers have used Derwent Water Services’ expertise and plant design to recover and to eliminate such metals as copper, palladium and tin from the process rinse waters.
Derwent Water Services has produced plant and has experience in the following effluent-type applications:
- pH correction and chemical dosing systems
- Tank installations for storing and treating of clarified water and for settlement of high solids waters
- Solid separation with plate separators
- Treatment of acid recovery systems for iron and aluminum removal from concentrated liquors
- Re-use and treatment of regenerant streams from Demineralisation Plants
- Metal recovery and removal of metals from effluent streams
- Tertiary effluent treatment
- Filter presses